Only two weeks until Christmas, do those words evoke stressed or do you hear them and realize a sense of joy and accomplishment knowing that you’re prepared and have begun to live within the spirit of the season? Conscious living or mindful living is being aware of your state of being, with focus on the present moment. After all life is a compilation of moments. Are we creating mindful moments? At the core of each of us is a life desirable of living. As part of the human experience, life will deliver challenge, there’s no doubt, that’s seems to be a part of the human condition. But, a life desirable of living says, despite those challenges, despite the chaos, despite all of the noise, I seek to find the joy and live within the peace. Practicing mindfulness, is calling in awareness, calmly acknowledging and accepting one's feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, in all moments, this acts as a built in barometer for the art of living. This barometer informs us of when we need to adjust our choices and thoughts within each moment to align with what feels right within the body.
If we’re feeling stressed, sad, overwhelmed or depressed, tune into how that feels within the body. Next, acknowledge what is occurring within this moment, the thoughts and choices, manifesting these emotions? With that awareness, within that very moment, you have an opportunity to adjust those thoughts and choices, creating a more desirable state of living within that moment. A life that is desirable of living, can begin to see this as a practice, a state of consciously living within every moment. As we learn to utilize this mindful gift of awareness, we seek from our life’s tool bag, something that serves to guide us through the stress and into the joy.
One holistic tool that I find extremely helpful for shifting in the moment is Positive EFT or (Emotional Freedom Technique). This for me is an amazingly easy and beneficial go to. You can do it anytime, and as often as you feel necessary. It cost nothing but offers so much in return. I encourage you to step out of your box and give it a try! The idea being that Energy follows thought. The mental focus on the chosen word and the tapping on key energy meridian points, to move the energy within the body, brings in the flow of a healthier energy state to the body, replacing the undesired one.
Steps for Positive EFT
This Holiday Season, if you become aware of a need for shift within any moment, identify the emotional energy state your body is feeling. Let’s use stress for the example.
1. Measure your level of stress on a scale of 1-10. One being good-ten being not good
2. Next, choose a preferred energy state of being, if I am stress, maybe I’d rather feel, relaxed, energized, or peaceful. For our demo, let’s go with relaxed. “I’ choose to feel relaxed”
3. Take a peek at the tapping sequence on the chart below.
4. To start, place your hands on your heart and say the word RELAX, continuing to breath calmly and focus on the chosen word RELAX as you then tap lightly 4 or 5 times on each of the tapping points, repeating the word RELAX at each tapping point and finally returning hands to the heart.
5. Re-evaluate on a scale of 1-10 how do you feel now. If you need to you can go another round.